Wednesday 14 July 2010

Confused Much???

I remember when I first got myself involved with the online animal rights movement which is deeply rooted more in on facebook than anywhere else as far as I am concerned. Having created and administered the ARB social network no one can deny any other AR forum or network would love to have the attention of all those facebook AR activists, in fact as I have said many times one of the reasons I started ARB was to try and unite the online AR movement onto one site. Many people seen ARB as a success but not me, to me it failed. Maybe the goal was too far or the dream was just that, a dream but in the end ARB wasnt heading in the direction it should have been.

I look at the current online movement and there is little difference to the online community I joined nearly 2 years ago. I struggle to comprehend why we cant embrace a united and organised movement on or offline. Those of you who know me will be sighing deeply right now and saying "here he goes again about the united & organised AR" but there's no need to worry because I have finally realised its not going to happen. That realisation doesnt stop me from being confused. There have been a lot of opportunities for the online AR community to embrace a united and organised AR such as ARB, NIO, Mahkah, the ALF forums and even animal rights zone if it would open its doors a little wider (which it does seem to be doing these days). Yet some people are so hung up on facebook its scary. I understand people like to stick with whats familiar but every now and then it would help to take a walk on the other side and TRY something new!

No comments:

Post a Comment